St Joseph's Bingley
At St Joseph's we believe our children really live out their motto of to 'love, care and share'. Our faith permeates through all we do. Our vision for our school is to 'learn with Jesus, to be the best we can be', which was chosen by the children, staff and governors together. We follow a virtues led curriculum where we encourage the children to embody the virtues and celebrate these within each other.
We are often asked: Why does the Catholic Church provide schools? In his document, 'Christ at the Centre', Bishop Marcus writes that the Catholic Church provides schools to:
- Assist in its mission of making Christ known to all people.
- Assist parents, who are the primary educators of their children, in the education and religious formation of their children.
- Be at the service of the local Church - the diocese, the parish and the Christian home.
- Be “a service to society”
At St Joseph's, this is what we strive to provide.
"Go ye therefore and teach all nations" Matt 28: 19
- We aim to grow in knowledge and friendship with God
- We, the governors, the Headteacher and the staff will uphold the Catholic Values of our school life
- We will feel compassion for others in difficulties
- We aim for a welcoming, Christian atmosphere
- We live our lives according to Gospel values, following the examples of the Saints
- We will achieve the best we can academically, spiritually and in everything we do
- We will work in partnership with our families, our parish, other schools and our diocese to create a community of faith
- We welcome other faiths working in harmony with Catholic traditions
- We will deliver a high standard of Religious Education which will be reflected in all of our teaching
- Prayer and Collective Worship will be at the heart of our school life and we will enjoy regular visits from our parish priest who leads us in our spiritual development
- We will care for our world and everything in it
Mrs Louise Robinson
Crownest Road, Bingley, BD16 4HQ
1st May 2020
Number of Pupils: